FREE microchipping for your dog from Dogs Trust!
Microchipping helps identify your dog if lost or stolen and it will soon be a legal obligation for all dogs to be chipped – so don’t miss out.
Microchipping will be compulsory from 6th April 2016 in England, and 1st March 2015 in Wales, following announcements made by the Westminster Government and the Welsh Government.
Find your nearest vet offering FREE microchipping from Dogs Trust here.
Here you can find out where and when our FREE microchipping events are taking place.
If you do not have a participating vet near you, or you cannot make one of our events, you can still get your dog microchipped for free by calling your nearest Dogs Trust rehoming centre to make an appointment. Click here to find your nearest centre (opens in a new window).
Frequently asked questions:
- You can bring more than one dog to the event.
- We can chip puppies, but strongly recommend that they are fully vaccinated.
- We cannot chip cats or other pets at these events.
At participating vets:
- Please contact your nearest participating vet to make an appointment
- Vets cannot chip cats or other pets through our campaign.